Is listening to Taylor Swift a guilty pleasure? For some maybe but for me I’m not really guilty because you can’t deny that you know at least one Taylor Swift song and you sing to it at the top of your lungs inside your car.
A few weeks ago Taylor Swift returned on Spotify and putting back all her albums on the streaming site which I was basically overjoyed because I use Spotify to listen to music because it saves so much space on my phone, now I feel like my playlist on Spotify is complete with her back on it.
1. Jump Then Fall – This song was included in the soundtrack of Valentine’s Day where Taylor starred in.
2. Forever and Always – this version is when you’re mad after the break-up but I recommend you listening to the piano version unfortunately, it’s not on Youtube but here’s a Spotify link. The piano version is more like the stage of grieving in a break-up. You can feel the emotion, the pain of the break-up in this song especially when it comes to the bridge of the song where she sings “back up baby back up”, a perfect song when you feel like being melodramatic about a break-up. I like it when she sings acoustic because it brings out the beauty of her voice even more.
3. Never Grow Up – a very nostalgic song, makes you reminisce about your childhood days and wishing you could go back and just never grow up.
4. Enchanted – every time I hear this song it makes me feel like I’m in a fairytale, such great lyrics. It captures that feeling of a perfect first date, that stage in a relationship where you just can’t wait to meet that person again. I also love the lyric in the bridge “please, don’t be in love with someone else. Please, don’t have somebody waiting on you.”
5. Last Kiss – another melodramatic break-up song but this is for like you want to be in bed all day and dwell on the break up.
6. Treacherous – it’s all about taking risks in love just like the song says “nothing safe is worth the drive”.
7. Stay Stay Stay – this is such a fun song to listen to it’s Christmassy even though it’s not a Christmas song, I just feel a Christmas vibe with the melody lol. The song is really about talking things through and staying in the relationship despite of all the arguments you face.
8. Clean – this is the song that Taylor wrote with Imogen Heap, I just find this song eccentric in terms of the sound you can really hear Imogen Heap in it. The lyrical content is also very relatable especially when you’re in the process of healing from something.
9. How You Get The Girl – another enjoyable music to listen to, just like 22 (that rhymed!)
10. You Are In Love – perfect way to describe love and being in love.
P. S. Songs from 1989 album are not included in the Youtube playlist, couldn’t find a nice quality vid. Stream the whole Taylor Swift catalog on Spotify though if you like 😊.
Taylor Swift on Spotify