For the second week of the Kindness Challenge we need to observe kindness around us.
Everyday there is an act of kindness happening around us, everyday I’m a witness of it and I wish to repay that kindness someday.
I grew up with my aunt and I actually consider her as my mom now, with the absence of my biological parents she’s been the one who supported my living ever since, she considers me as her own child even though she has 3 children and I actually never felt that I was different, that I didn’t belong in her family. Everyday I wake up thinking that if it wasn’t for her I guess my life is quite different now (bad kind of different).
Another one is from my sister she’s the one who pays for my schooling and I know that’s not her obligation but I really want to thank her for that kindness because the cost of my tuition is not a joke, I mean she could have spend all those money for herself but she still insist.
(sorry I don’t want to elaborate, it will be quite emotional lol)
Well that’s basically the two major kindnesses that I experience everyday and I often forget them, there are times that I take them for granted and thanks to this week’s focus I get to remind myself of those kind gestures.
Other kindness I observed this week:
- My aunt was out for 3 days and our neighbor was kind enough to bring us food and check on us.
- The comments I get from the readers of my blog.
- I rode a jeepney yesterday and a boy was asking for money to buy something to eat and a lady who was sitting in front of me was eating a bread of some kind and she just gave it to the boy. (that was actually really nice)
- The way my friends check up on me to see how I’m doing.
- The way the security guard in every establishments that I entered this week said good morning and opened the door for me (I know that it’s their job but that’s kind too lol)
*I notice lots of kindness but they’re pretty much all the same but from different people.
There’s probably plenty of those that I missed but these are the ones that I remembered and I guess that is the problem we forget the kindness that we receive and we don’t give it much attention. I truly believe that kindness is everywhere we just don’t notice them regularly because we focus more on the mistakes that people does.
Check out more info of the Kindness Challenge here